Please find the notes of our April meeting and AGM below along with the reports that related to the AGM. Please note that our May meeting will be held on Thursday 28th May.
Southwark Council are working on major new plans to redevelop and improve the Old Kent Road area and make significant changes in favour of those who would like to walk and cycle and as a place to live. As part of this they are holding regular community forum meetings and people are invited to the second of these next Thursday 26th March. The meeting will be held at Pembroke House, 7pm (80 Tatum Street, London SE17 1QR). A poster for the event is attached. If you have time (but not essential), please register your interest in attending by contacting Claire Beswick at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7525 3217.
Owing to a clash of meetings, our next SLS meeting will be Thursday 16th April 7pm at the Royal Oak. This meeting will also be our AGM. Apologies for any inconvenience this change of dates may have caused.
1. November Meeting. The action points from our Thursday 20thNovember meeting are below. SLS-MeetingNotes-20Nov14
2. Southwark Cycling Strategy. The draft cycling strategy which has just been launched for consultation can be downloaded from:
3. The Peckham Coal Line. Ideas for this walking and cycling route are outlined at:
4. New Southwark Plan. The draft can be downloaded from:
5. Current Southwark Council Transport Consultations
1. October Meeting. The notes from our October meeting appear below
2. Road Danger Conference (Free) – Saturday 1st November.
There is an important conference on Saturday 1st November which looks at the role of the police in reducing the danger on London’s roads and also encouraging more people to walk and cycle.
Road Danger Reduction and Enforcement: How policing can support walking and cycling in London
Full details inc registration
3. N-S Cycle Superhighway. If you would like to contribute to the TfL consultation on the North-South CSH, the consultation is open until 9th November. It can be found at:
The Southwark Living Streets response is on our website at:
4. Bakerloo Line Extension. TfL have begun a consultation on the extension of the Bakerloo line south from the E&C. If you would like to take part, it can be accessed at:
The SLS response to the N-S CSH consultation is below