1. Salisbury Row Streets for People – salisburyrowprojectsummary-10feb11
2. Elephant & Castle Green Garter Walk.
If you ever fancy an interesting walk around the Elephant that takes in Grade 1 listed buildings, historic squares and conservation areas, bustling markets and famous local estates
– download the map below and take a walk around the Green Garter route.
Comments about places in Walworth Community Council area…
1. Way too much road space at the junction of Penton Place and Manor Place in West Walworth encourages vehicles to feel this is a rat run south of the Elephant rather than being part of the West Walworth 20mph Zone.
2. Dangerous crossing (Penrose St) to St. Paul’s Primary School.
3. Hoardings still cover the garden in front of the old Carter St police station.
4. The Walworth Rd scheme stops abruptly and reverts to a 4 lane road by the Gateway Estate.